Wednesday, October 26, 2005

500 dollars and 1000 + photos later

First and foremost I will never promise to update this blog. I find that if I promise then you will most likely be very disappointed. Between work and school I have plenty to do so for this reason alone I will never promise to update. What I will promise is that I will try my hardest and do whatever I can do to update. I am no for instance sitting in the library at University of Washington typing this post.
Secondly I'd like to provide you with an update of what is the future of RaptImagery. The future is a complete redesign of the site. I have already moved my pictures onto a Flickr account so that they will still be accessible. I encourage you, if you enjoyed the pictures, to take a look. There are some new pictures on there as well so hopefully I've sparked a little interest. So I guess the next logical question is what is to become of RaptImagery.com? It's going to be my "professional" site, what it was meant to be all along. I'm going to be highly discriminatory about what is posted and it probably won't contain any more than 10% of my photo collection. They will however, be the best 10% and I also will be posting larger images. I'm going to post some of the pictures that are good, but didn't quite make the cut here and on my Flickr page so check back often.
I am currently sitting on over 1000 new images taken with my new camera. It has been quite the process of picking just the best, but I feel that process is done. With that said I have organized my pictures, no longer by location, but by subject. The new organization is as follows: Aviation, Buildings, Cityscapes, Everyday, Experimental, Fauna, Flora, Landscapes, Night, Objects, Seascapes, and Sunrise/Sunset. I will be using about 5 - 10 images from each category and I'm looking at right now a total of about 50 images, I the exact number is 77 images subject to change. I hope to spend a great deal of time in the next few days doing the necessary post processing on them and hopefully this weekend the new web design will go up and the people will rejoice.
So that is it for now. I guess take a look at http://www.raptimagery.com while you have a chance. Don't be discouraged when it goes away though everything can still be found on my Flickr page. I'm going to post an image today to give everyone something to look forward to so you'll probably read this after the image. Enjoy!

- Jason

No comments: