Thursday, January 26, 2006

Hamas


Olympus E-500
Focal Length: 45mm
Aperture Value: f/5.6
Shutter Speed: 1/8 sec.
ISO - 100

First of all let me say to my new audience, the wonderful individuals at the NSA, welcome. You have reached what I believe to be one of the best photo blogs on the internet. So now you must be wondering what does Hamas have to do with a photography blog? Absolutely nothing... However, as a student of Political Science I feel an obligation to talk about it. Because this this is a photography blog I will keep this short. The world either got more violent or more peaceful today. Democracy works even if the results may be undesireable for some. Today and for the next few months this election needs to be taken in context. I am certainly surprised that it did happen but not at all surprised that it could happen. Before peace is ruled out we must wait for Hamas to make their first moves, towards successful politics or sustained terrorism. Whether America or Isreal likes it or not Hamas is now a political party, a politcal party with political power. Lets let them decide what kind of party they will be, and how they will preside in the Palestinian Authority. *Steps off his soapbox*

Back to photography... So I thought I was going to have to throw out this picture of the Sounder speeding through Edmonds, as it was much to dark at the time, but fortunately it gave it a very abstract look. I mean who likes perfectly still images anyways. Pictures are supposed to convey reality and well movement is part of reality and hopefully it was captures well in this photo. Not much else going on today, spent most my day reading the newspaper or online articles. So maybe this weekend I'll finish the update, probably not as I have a paper but we can all hope. That's it for today, and if you haven't yet take some time out of your day and read the headlines today about Hamas. Like it or not events halfway around the world DO effect us all...

Jason Posted by Picasa

No comments: